US air-raid kills over 100 civilians in Farah
Residents of the Bala Boluk district in western Farah province on Tuesday claimed more than one hundred 'innocent people' have been killed in the Monday's air offensive by the US forces.
The air-strike in Bala Boluk district came after an insurgent attack on a police check post that killed six people and three others on spy charges on Sunday.
Following the militant attack, locals say, the American forces bombarded Grani village, inflecting huge casualties to non-combatants.
Dr Atiqullah, a resident of the village, told Pajhwok Afghan News the bombardment destroyed the whole village and some of the mutilated bodies were beyond recognition.
He said they had so far retrieved 123 dead bodies from beneath the debris of the destroyed homes by using tractors.
Villagers brought truckloads of bodies to the capital of a province in Western Afghanistan on Tuesdy to prove that scores of civilians had been killed by U.S. air strikes in a battle with the Taliban.
by Ahmad Qureshi